The federal recall of nearly 30,000 pounds of Argentine beef from an Aventura-area importer now carries the USDA's most serious classification, and the company's food-service distribution means local restaurants and hotels may have served the affected product to diners.
The Food Safety and Inspection Service classified the Corte Argentino USA LLC recall as Class I on Aug. 7, a designation reserved for situations where there is "a reasonable probability that the use of the product will cause serious, adverse health consequences or death," People magazine reported.
No illnesses had been reported as of Aug. 16.
Recalled beef flowed through restaurants, hotels
Corte Argentino, headquartered at 21402 W. Dixie Highway in North Miami-Dade, one block from Aventura, distributes through retail, wholesale and food-service channels, according to Patch's Aug. 15 Aventura newsletter. The company's website states it supplies restaurants, hotels and other hospitality operators.
That means the recalled beef, five cuts of Frigorifico Gorina boneless Angus produced between May 15 and May 20, could still be sitting in restaurant walk-in coolers or freezers. The use-or-freeze-by dates run from Sept. 15 through Sept. 20, well into the future.
No specific Aventura-area restaurants or hotels have been publicly identified as having received the recalled product.
Missing inspection stamp triggered the recall
A USDA spokesperson told People on Aug. 11 that the inspection team noted the product did not carry the required FSIS mark of inspection. "The product was flagged as failure to present, or FTP. That flag triggered the recall process," the spokesperson said.
Corte Argentino blamed a third-party U.S. facility that was supposed to coordinate the reinspection. In a statement reported by the Miami Herald on Aug. 13, the company said the recall was not initiated due to contamination, bacteria or quality issues in the beef, and that Argentina's sanitary authority had approved the product before export.
Texas Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller called the lapse "unacceptable" in an Aug. 12 statement.
Surge in Argentine beef imports adds context
Argentine beef imports to the U.S. surged in 2026, reaching 38 million pounds in May alone, about 190% higher than a year earlier, according to Yahoo Finance. Argentina now accounts for roughly 4% of total U.S. beef imports, nearly double its 2025 market share.
As we reported Aug. 8, consumers who purchased Corte Argentino products should check for boxes labeled "Frigorifico Gorina SAIC" with Argentine establishment number "EST. N° OF. 2025" and shipping mark "26644-AA."
How to check for affected products
FSIS said it will conduct recall effectiveness checks to ensure Corte Argentino notifies all customers. Restaurant operators and consumers with affected products should discard or return them.
Questions can go to Corte Argentino at 786-350-5805 or [email protected], or to the USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline at 888-674-6854.






